Moong dal halwa
Cravings don't wait! They change every hour, but an instant moong dal halwa is a blessing. This recipe uses so less oil that you can eat it without any guilt.
- 1 Cup Moong da
- 0.5 Cup Sugar:1/2c
- 1.5 Cup Almond milk/water or any other plant milk
- 3 tbsp Neutral Oil
- 0.5 tsp Elaichi powder
- 0.25 Cup Chopped Nuts
- Wash dal properly and pat dry.
- Roast dal at low flame till dal turns golden brown and gives a nutty aroma.
- Switch off the gas and let it cool.Grind dal into a fine powder.
- Cook this dal powder with milk or water until the mixture becomes like a slurry.
- Add elaichi powder, nuts and sugar and stir.
- Cook at low flame until it becomes thick.
- Add oil and cook again until the mixture starts to leave sides.
- Though it tastes better the next day but you can surely serve it hot.