Royal Indian dessert, this shahi tukda is sure to bring delight to you
- 6 slices DAIRY FREE white bread
- 0.5 Cups Sugar
- Oil for frying
- 500 ml Almond milk
- Chopped nuts for garnishing.
- Remove the crust of the bread slices (We don't want a chewy leathery feel to our shahi tukda)
- Cut the bread in half, diagonally.
- Make chashni for bread in a seperate pan. I made chashni with milk. You can also make it with water.
- 1Cup milk/water: 0.5C sugar.
- Switch off the flame once sugar and milk/water has combined.
- Fry the bread slices in hot oil (med high flame) until light brown. Don't over fry the bread.
- Transfer these fried slices to a plate & keep aside to cool a little. Once cooled, just a little bit, add these slices to the chashni.
- Don't leave the bread in sugar syrup for long. Take them out after 1-2 seconds.
- Arrange these sugar syrup soaked bread slices in a mould or 'thaali.' I like to put a double layer of bread for extra smoothness and crunch.
- Add rabri on top. (Rabri recipe uploaded earlier, check highlights).
- Garnish with chopped nuts, some rose petals and place in refrigerator. Serve cold.