Vegan Rabri- A traditional Indian recipe
A milk-based with the aroma of saffron. This dessert that makes you drool! Vegan, diet-friendly, and delicious treat to delight your guests with a traditional Indian recipe.
- 3 cups Almond milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp Saffron
- 0.5 cup Chopped raisins, cashews and almonds
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- Mix cornflour in 1/2c milk and stir well.
- Pour the remaining milk in a thick bottomed pan and wait for it to boil. Homemade almond milk gets curdled on heating so just warm it on low flame.
- Add the cornflour and milk mixture slowly and keep stirring. Make sure the ladle touches the bottom of the pan to make sure the milk doesn't burn.
- Once it has thickened a little, add sugar and chopped nuts and saffron strands.
- You can add little quantity of yellow colour if you don't like the saffron flavor.
- We like chilled Rabri but you can serve it as you like.
- Adjust sugar to the desired quantity. You can use shakkar/coconut sugar or any other sweetener of your choice. But the taste will not be the same as traditional Rabri.
- If you feel Rabri is too thick, add little more milk to adjust the consistency.
- Don't heat the mixture after adding cornflour for too long.
- Add a little bread crumbs if you like grainy Rabri. Blend using immersion blender or grinder.